14 Responses to “David Letterman, starring in the weirdest supercut video ever: Are Those Your Drums?”

1. DimeStore Films says:

The video was edited together by Dave Shumka, a canadian comedian who cohosts Stop Podcasting Yourself at maximumfun.org.

2. Petzl says:

Uh, so is David an aficionado or is that his boilerplate go-to line with musicians?

3. Reed James says:

Got any gum?

4. rpadair82 says:

Is it me or does it almost seem sexual?

5. Peter says:

See, this is why I like drummers.   If you ask a drummer if they own the drums or rent them, they think you’re showing a healthy interest.  But you ask a dancer if they own their legs or are renting them, they just look at you funny!

Dancers are so stuck up!

6. flappy says:

Y’see, he’s making fun of the fact that bands often put their logo on the front kick drum head. Hence, either “Are those your drums?” or “are your drums rented?” to a band with such presentation is kinda funny and makes him look like an affable dummy while the same questions to drummers with blank kick heads is just a non-sequitor. Equal points for the tall guy. SIR probably dropped something off for somebody that morning anyway.

7. teapot says:

This is what the supercut is made for. I’d noticed Letterman ask that a few times after the musical act, but I never realised it was so common and holy crap is it funny when the band’s name is plastered on the kick. I also feel like it’s a bit of a jab at the one-hit-wonder nature of pop musicians.

8. miasm says:

Dude, you could go deep with this.
    With my short exposure to Letterman I’ve cottoned-on-to (UK, TM) many, many in jokes and repeated bits and I must be missing five times as much stuff, just because I’ve only been watching for 6 years.