Thief 4, latest in legendary sneak-n-stab series, coming soon

8 Responses to “Thief 4, latest in legendary sneak-n-stab series, coming soon”

1. Looks like the Ps4 is the one to get this time around.

2. yeff says:

Obviously Stephane Roy brings some real-world experience to the game, given that he is noted as PRODUCER/THIEF and not, say, PRODUCER, “THIEF”

:-)

- yeff

3. miasm says:

Thank You Dear God Of Stealth. I need some release after the whole Hitman fiasco.

4. Tynam says:

No you don’t.  Plenty of good stealth games on PC.  Start with Dishonored, if for some insane reason you didn’t already.

• mccrum says:

I just looked into Dishonored and it’s on sale over at Steam through the weekend for twenty bucks, so thanks for that!

• knoxblox says:

Well, that would require a new freakin’ computer.

This time around I want to put together enough ITX components/power to not have to upgrade for a while. My current computer is traveling the shoulder of the internet superhighway as if it were Jed Clampett’s truck.

I’m still trying to find someone who would care to buy/barter 1.5k+ worth of art — and yes, I can do portraits up to 9 sq. ft.

5. oldtaku says:

From the E3 video, this is definitely a step below Dishonored. Mechanics a bit clunky, tone is misguided (popups when you headshot someone, really?), and chases through burning bridges are are so anti-Thief it hurts. But they’ve still got till the end of the year.

6. Felloslav says:

Never praise the day before the evening. The standard set by Thief II and its numerous fan-made missions and campaigns is rather high.

Which leads me to hope that the moddability will be strong in this one.