Kickstarting a set of black-light Alice in Wonderland posters

12 Responses to “Kickstarting a set of black-light Alice in Wonderland posters”

1. fergus1948 says:

I hope this comes to fruition. I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that Alice in Wonderland may arguably be the best book ever written. It can mean so many different things to so many people, whatever their ages (or whatever their taste in, ahem, ‘relaxants.’)

And so many artists have illustrated the story using styles different to Tenniel’s wonderful originals. One of my personal favourites is the set of illustrations by John Coulthart for an Alice calendar, mentioned on BoingBoing by Cory a few years back…http://boingboing.net/2009/10/19/psychedelic-alice-in.html

2. EeyoreX says:

Hm. I thought the “rebooted” Kickstarter was striving to be more of a “patron system” and that they were discouraging users to post straight up pre-order propositions?

That being said: the posters look absolutely gorgeus and I shall collect them all.

3. I was totally on board until the various designers and creators began waving giddily at the screen in rapid succession. It’s puzzling why people with a distinct, serious artistic project (and goal) must ruin it by by bringing themselves down to the level of fans hamming it up in front of the camera at a football game.

• Sekino says:

How often do you think more solemn, introvert artists hear “If only you could act a bit  more friendly and  fun and less shy, you could get more exposure…“.  Sometimes, lesser-known artists trying to get a bit of success and actual cash cave in and clumsily smile and wave at the camera and see if it works. Please don’t be to hard on them for it, especially if you actually think that their art has merit.

• I do like the work, but once again…does everyone in life now have to act like a contestant on “The Price Is Right”? – a simple nod and a humble acknowledgment of the camera would have sufficed. Plus, if you’re going to try and build on the original illustrations of John Tenniel, humility and a certain seriousness is definitely required

4. theophrastvs says:

egad, (how long has it been since we’ve heard) “black-light”?   i blame the current efforts to legalize marijuana (quick! commence the kickstartering of bell-bottom pants)

5. wdremovals says:

It is a good information on the revised act and i feel pleased to get
    this information. I like your wonderful presentation of data.
    Regards,

6. OliveGreenapple says:

Hmmm… But I don’t have a black light. I kind of wish I could just buy a print of Rebecca Sugar’s Alice in black and white.