The Internet prop from The IT Crowd

15 Responses to “The Internet prop from The IT Crowd”

1. jaye says:

Stephen* Hawking

• Stephen Schenck says:

Ugh, don’t get me started. I swear, growing up it seemed like Stephen was the spelling everyone just assumed – when did this bastardized nickname version start becoming so popular?

2. the_wakeful says:

This is why I’ll never be self employed. Sure I could make a bunch of these myself, but I would never think to sell them on Etsy until someone else did it first.

3. futnuh says:

I want the real one, not a cheap knock-off.

4. 28 dollars plus 20+ in shipping. I hate that so fucking much.  I went there with my wallet in my hand ready to plop down some cash on a well-executed joke and went from happy to feeling taken advantage of like THAT.

Edit: ah. Australian seller. That’s at least partially sensible.

5. Roy Trumbull says:

In San Francisco there’d been a computer room fire and the SFFD mandated a main power cutoff to be located just inside the door to such a room. We complied even thought it would be several years before the gear moved there. Sure enough someone crafted a sign and mounted it below this massive switch: “Earth Rotation Control”

6. PanoramicPenguin says:

Hey now, the Elders of the Internet gave that permission; Stephen Hawking just delivered it, I think XD

• adonai says:

Thank you for that. Always wanted to put one of these together as a gift, now I might just get around to it.

7. Benzene says:

Wouldn’t a Y2K-like disaster happen if someone drops their box?

8. Andrew Singleton says:

Now i want that as a case for a raspberry pi or networked drive that acts as a networked cloud or lan server or something.

9. doggo says:

Nuh uh! That’s the wireless Internet. If it was “The Internet” it would have fiber, or at least gigabit ethernet ports. S’prolly 802.11b.