Wozniak on Jobs biopic

With a new trailer out to promote Kutcher-starring biopic Jobs, Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak has new thoughts on the movie—not all of them negative. [Jesus Diaz / Kinja]

28 Responses to “Wozniak on Jobs biopic”

1. Now, normally I would not go to see a film about a computer nerd. Thankfully, an insinuation of the sexual act with a nubile young female appears within the first 15 seconds of this trailer, thereby making this film acceptable to an ordinary beer-swilling joe like me. Thanks marketers!

• Thered3065 says:

мy coυѕιɴ ιѕ мαĸιɴɢ $51/нoυr oɴlιɴe. υɴeмployed ғor α coυple oғ yeαrѕ αɴd prevιoυѕ yeαr ѕнe ɢoт α $1З619cнecĸ wιтн oɴlιɴe joв ғor α coυple oғ dαyѕ. ѕee мore αт…­ ­ViewMore——————————————&#46qr&#46net/kkEj

Be thankful it doesn’t star Tom Cruise standing on a milk crate, as
      Squeaky Steve. “When I drive by an accident I have to do something,
      because I know Apple Computers are the only thing that can help!”

2. Roose_Bolton says:

Man, am I ever glad I took my sarcasm detection unit in for an oil change yesterday.

3. Mona Morgan says:

iGuess?!  iThink Noah Wylie would have been a better choice but was too old for the part.

• nachoproblem says:

Been there, done that. Besides, that was Wozniak’s version. This is the Hollywood version.

Be thankful it doesn’t star Tom Cruise standing on a milk crate, as Squeaky Steve. “When I drive by an accident I have to do something, because I know Apple Computers are the only thing that can help!”

I know, I’m a terrible person.

4. My comment was removed. Did I do something wrong?

5. Um, I think it’s too bad they have to use a nude woman to sell this film in the first 10 seconds of the trailer.

6. “Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels…”

Saying “The owners of massive multinational corporations who exploit sweatshop laborers to maximize their profit margins” just doesn’t have quite the same ring to it, does it?

• ldobe says:

Hey now,
      We can’t have that kind of talk going into a manager’s haigiography.

•  I actually like Steve Jobs and Apple, to an extent. It’s just annoying when people ignore the fact that they’re every bit as amoral as any other giant corporation.

• ldobe says:

I hear you there.
          I won’t go into holy war territory if I can help it, but I will say that people don’t seem to think very deeply about the consequences of any object they own. Where it came from, the hands that assembled it, the time its transit to us removed from other people’s lives (not necessarily in a melodramatic sense, but equally valid is the sense in which a trucker is separated from his/her family etc).
          There are also problems with buying locally. Is it right to buy locally produced goods when they could be manufactured significantly more efficiently elsewhere and the environmental cost would be less even including transit?
          This is why I only think and talk about ethics economics and philosophy after I’ve been drinking.

• teapot says:

I’d argue that today’s Apple is significantly more amoral than other companies due to the built in redundancy, the locked down system of ios and dodgy shit like soldering chips onto motherboards.

The iphone used to be amazing, now it’s just a phone. The ipad used to be amazing, now it’s just a tablet. The ipod can now make phone calls!

What I don’t like though is that people seem to focus in on Apple’s use of ‘sweatshop labourers’ when every tech company uses the same suppliers and manufacturers. I’m not saying this vindicates them at all, but any phone you choose is likely to be made by the same labourers.

• crummett says:

“…dodgy shit like soldering chips onto motherboards.”
            Wha? How do _you_ put chips on motherboards? Superglue?

“The iphone used to be amazing, now it’s just a phone. The ipad used to be amazing, now it’s just a tablet.”
            Sure, Apple, you created an entire market and revolutionized telephones and personal computing. That was yesterday. What have you done for me today?

• teapot says:

lol fanboi

1) Ignorant or stupid? I can’t tell which you are… I’m gonna go with stupidly ignorant. In the last few years Apple has been soldering the CPU and ram onto certain models’ motherboards. No one else does this because those parts are supposed to be upgradable. Of course this is for no reason other than teh appul doesn’t want you to go anywhere but their waste-of-time bars to spend more money with the retards… i mean genii.

2) What is the entire market? Smartphones? Nice try fanboi. Try pulling that somewhere like 9to5 or mac rumors where the readership is less educated on the history of tech. Apple was a player in revolutionizing personal computing but not technologically. Apple made PCs cool and that’s the credit they deserve.

You and people like you are fucking sad.

7. ChickieD says:

I learned to code on an Apple 2 and I remember when being a computer geek was nerdy – and being nerdy was not a big positive thing. I guess we nerds won??? But, man, what a hollow victory to have one of us all slicked up and Hollywood heroed. Wouldn’t it be nice if Hollywood had a way to see geek culture in its true nasty glory and didn’t have to turn it into hot cars and sex scenes?

8. teapot says:

Holy crap I love Woz! I invariably enjoy reading anything he’s said or written.

This though: did then head the creation of other products as great as the Apple ][, like the iTunes store, the iPod, the retail stores, the iPhone and the iPad

A store is a marketing tool, A STORE IS NOT A PRODUCT FFS.

9. Antinous / Moderator says:

Why is the guy playing Woz double the circumference of the original?  And with twice as crazy hair?  He looks like one of Peter Jackson’s designs for a member of Thorin Oakenshield’s company.

10. Sekino says:

“It only takes one person to start a revolution”

Uh, sometimes but not that time.

Does Jobs fly and spin the Earth backwards in time in this film?

11. miasm says: