You know what I like to read? I like to read Ken at Popehat's ninja lawyer pals sending insanely awesome, terrifying letters to bullies who use legal threats to try and shut up their critics online. If you like to read that kind of thing, too, then here's an 8-page PDF of Ken's friend Leif Olson tearing counsel for a bullying dentist who didn't like his Yelp review a new law-hole.

22 Responses to “Tearing a bully a new law-hole”

1. mbaren says:

No it isn’t.  It’s an 8-page PDF of another lawyer tearing counsel for a bullying dentist up, that Ken then posted at his site. And it’s a fantastic letter, but y’know. It’s right there in the header that it’s not Ken.

2. Ken says:

You’re very kind, but I merely connected the threatened dental customer with the awesome Leif Olson, who wrote the letter.  Then I wrote about it.

• UGrathe80 says:

мy coυѕιɴ ιѕ мαĸιɴɢ $51/нoυr oɴlιɴe. υɴeмployed ғor α coυple oғ yeαrѕ αɴd prevιoυѕ yeαr ѕнe ɢoт α $1З619cнecĸ wιтн oɴlιɴe joв ғor α coυple oғ dαyѕ. ѕee мore αт…­ ­ViewMore——————————————&#46qr&#46net/kkEj

it isn’t.  It’s an 8-page PDF of another lawyer tearing counsel for a
      bullying dentist up, that Ken then posted at his site. And it’s a
      fantastic letter, but y’know. It’s right there in the header that it’s
      not Ken.

• Dylan Ogden says:

Could you link to your post about it?  This is just the pdf.  I have a question about a typo in the letter, and somehow I think your readers would be more likely to want to discuss a typo that BoingBoing’s.

3. CSMcDonald says:

Reading comprehension fail, must be a Cory post.

4. crenquis says:

I imagine that Leif looks something like this:

5. Cowicide says:

I think something happened to the link or, er PDF at the link.  It’s now coming up with streaks of Atari 2600 lines where the text should be for me.

• futnuh says:

I’m seeing the same issue. I think it was printed with a potato and then rescanned with a carrot.

• crenquis says:

See the same thing with Smart Office on my phone — with Quickoffice, it views fine.

• Cowicide says:

Ah, I had to open it with Acrobat instead of 10.6.8′s built-in pdf reading for some reason. Weird. Out of curiosity, I tested with Mountain Lion 10.8.4 and it worked fine though. Guess something with the older built-in PDF rendering of Snow Leopard. Haven’t had this happen before.

6. ojisan says:

And yet, despite the misnomer, reading this is like watching fifteen minutes of an amazing heavyweight prizefight. I’m ready for my shower now -

7. Peter O says:

Why anyone feels the need to defend the extortion racket that is Yelp is beyond me.

8. JonCarter says:

“Plaintiff was a butt-licker”

LOL!!

• Humbabella says:

“By which I mean to say, as a matter of literal fact, that I witnessed him licking the anuses of both animals and other human beings on several occasions and documented each with video evidence.”

Okay, maybe that’s defamatory.

9. dman says:

That is such a gloriously precise point-by-point takedown.
    It’s not a heavyweight prize fight, it’s a “Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique”.The victim has no idea what has happened there. MyGods, it’s enough to make me think that not all lawyers are scum! Kudos to that man!

10. miasm says:

even though it’s only an email, the door still hit him on the ass on the way out.
    bye bye disqus.