On August 17-18 in San Francisco, Boing Boing: Ingenuity will bring our site off the screen for a two day celebration of cleverness, curiosity, and wonder. The first day is a marathon hack day while Sunday, August 18, is a mind-bending theatrical experience of presentations, performances, oddities, and wonder taking place at an opulent former Masonic Lodge. We are thrilled to announce our line-up for Boing Boing: Ingenuity's Sunday August 18 program, an experience we've come to think of as vaudeville for Happy Mutants:
• Adam Savage, co-host of Mythbusters
• Tom Vanderbilt, author of “How We Drive”
• Carol Reiley, robotics researcher
• Ferdinando Buscema, magic experience designer
• Trevor Paglen, experimental geographer, author of “The Last Pictures”
• Isaac “Shovelman” Frankle, junkyard beatnik musician
• Chris Noessel, interaction designer, co-author of “Make It So”
• Eri Gentry, co-founder, BioCurious, research manager, Institute for the Future
• Nate DiMeo, host, Memory Palace podcast, contributor, National Public Radio
• Barn Owl, experimental desert rock musicians
• Ariel Waldman, creator, Spacehack.org
• Megan Prelinger, co-founder Prelinger Library, author of “Another Science Fiction”
• Seth Shostak, senior astronomer, SETI Institute
The entire Boing Boing: Ingenuity weekend will be heavily documented in video, photos, and text that will be shared on the site during the event and after. Wanna be in the audience on Sunday, August 18? Next week we'll tell you how you might secure a seat.
Special thank you to Ford for supporting Boing Boing, online and off!
Boing Boing Ingenuity in partnership with Ford C-Max.
image: Charles Wilson Peale's "The Artist in his Museum" (1822)