Our first-ever stage event is going great today, bringing this site into the material plane for the very first time. All day Sunday, we've got all sorts of fascinating presentations, astounding performances, and living curiosities on show at a former Masonic Lodge in San Francisco.
Since not everyone could be there, here are just a few of the cool things so far today — for more, check out #bbingenuity at Twitter and our Facebook page. And of course, we will posting plenty of photos and videos on this site in the next week or two.
1. The incredible century-old inferno backdrop behind the stage at the former masonic lodge hosting the event. [Photos: BB, k0re]
2. Barn Owl, performers of electro drone music. [Sound test]
3. Spacehack founder Ariel Waldman, who orchestrated our Ingenuity: Data Driven hack day, was our guide on engaging in space research, no matter who you are.
4. Mark Frauenfelder, clad in stange pants, who explained how to properly sharpen the legendary Blackwing pencils given to every attendee.
5. Shovelman, who played the blues on a giant ... shovel. [Vine. Instagram Video.]
6. The mysterious keyboardist who performed science fiction themes on this massive old pipe organ [Instagram video by bhoeber]
7. Eri Genrty, who explained biohacking and biocuriouslab [Photo: ethicurean]
8. Magic experience designer Ferdinando Buscema, who figured out BB editor David Pescovitz's password live in front of hundreds of people. Reset time!
9. The swag, including Hugh Howey's Wool novels on a metal USB card that doubles as your fallout shelter pass. [Photo:
10. Todd Berman, who live-sketched Ferdinando and others!
Boing Boing Ingenuity in partnership with Ford C-Max.
I’m about to switch off my email until September 5 and drive to Black Rock City for 10 days of incinerating the dude.
As Oracle desperately tries to reanimate its wretched, failed attempt to destroy everything Sun Microsystems stood for and end computer science as we know it, there’s never been a better time to rock one of these “You Wouldn’t Reimplement an API” tees, which were an underground hit during the earlier trial.
Kyohazard’s Lament Configuration is a terrific piece of fan-art for those of us who loved the Hellraiser movies (the good ones, at least).
The Lytro Illum is our all-time best-selling camera and here’s our best deal yet. Apply the code “Lytro10” to save an extra 10% off on this camera’s mind-blowing functionality in this exclusive one day only sale.
If you’re looking to earn a top salary in the tech industry, there’s no better career than coding. However, sometimes the hardest part of entering this career path is knowing where to begin.We took the Complete Web Developer Course because it took that decision out of our hands. This course teaches beginner-friendly coding languages that will also help land an immediate […]
To be a Pokémon master, you’ll need a phone that won’t constantly die on you. Because nothing is worse than seeing the screen go black right as you’ve finally found the Charizard of your dreams.That’s why we’re so excited about the LinearFlux PokeCharger Portable Battery ($39.99). With its 3.0 Amp HyperCharging technology, this slim battery will […]