Our first-ever stage event is going great today, bringing this site into the material plane for the very first time. All day Sunday, we've got all sorts of fascinating presentations, astounding performances, and living curiosities on show at a former Masonic Lodge in San Francisco.
Since not everyone could be there, here are just a few of the cool things so far today — for more, check out #bbingenuity at Twitter and our Facebook page. And of course, we will posting plenty of photos and videos on this site in the next week or two.
1. The incredible century-old inferno backdrop behind the stage at the former masonic lodge hosting the event. [Photos: BB, k0re]
2. Barn Owl, performers of electro drone music. [Sound test]
3. Spacehack founder Ariel Waldman, who orchestrated our Ingenuity: Data Driven hack day, was our guide on engaging in space research, no matter who you are.
4. Mark Frauenfelder, clad in stange pants, who explained how to properly sharpen the legendary Blackwing pencils given to every attendee.
5. Shovelman, who played the blues on a giant ... shovel. [Vine. Instagram Video.]
6. The mysterious keyboardist who performed science fiction themes on this massive old pipe organ [Instagram video by bhoeber]
7. Eri Genrty, who explained biohacking and biocuriouslab [Photo: ethicurean]
8. Magic experience designer Ferdinando Buscema, who figured out BB editor David Pescovitz's password live in front of hundreds of people. Reset time!
9. The swag, including Hugh Howey's Wool novels on a metal USB card that doubles as your fallout shelter pass. [Photo:
10. Todd Berman, who live-sketched Ferdinando and others!
Boing Boing Ingenuity in partnership with Ford C-Max.
MagicPeaceLove writes, “The word ‘inspiring’ gets thrown around a lot but my pal Mahdi Gilbert (previously) really deserves it.
Last night, my wife and I stumbled on the Red Truck Gallery on the edge of New Orleans’ French Quarter, and today we’re going back to buy some art, and admire the pieces we can’t afford for a while longer.
Davis had been with MAD since its first run in 1952, and his illustrations helped define the look of satirical art for generations.
Those of us who love music wish we could listen to it 24/7. But it’s impossible when we’re trying to converse with our friends, or when are swimming in the local pool.That is, until now. The KOAR Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headset, now 48% off, has changed the audio game.Made with lightweight titanium memory metal, this headset boasts patented bone conduction technology to transport sound […]
It’s one thing to enjoy dinner at home and a nice glass of Cabernet Sauvignon with your best friend, Netflix, but it’s another thing entirely to make that meal from scratch and get that wine delivered right to your doorstep.But what if we told you there’s a way to make this possible? To keep your social life, […]
Having to pack and drag your stuff through security can put quite the damper on your vacation plans. Thankfully, we’ve got your back with one way to make traveling more painless: the Jumper Overnighter Travel Bag.This compact bag is so lightweight that you can effortlessly carry it, and fit it into any overhead compartment. But just […]