There's a new special-edition audiobook of Welcome to Bordertown, the YA reboot of the amazing, classic urban fantasy shared-world anthologies that practically invented the genre. The special edition includes lots of new material, such as Neil Gaiman's reading of his poem "The Song of the Song" and Steven Brust fronting a musical version of his "Run Back Across the Border" -- there's lots more, and its all available as a DRM-free MP3CD.
I grew up on the Bordertown books and was delighted to be asked to contribute a story: Shannon's Law.
We've just brought out a new SPECIAL EDITION of the audiobook from Brilliance Audio, featuring:
* Original music throughout by Drew Miller of Boiled in Lead (one of the bands that inspired the original series), created just for this audiobook
* Neil Gaiman reading his poem 'The Song of the Song'
* Ellen Kushner reading all the other poems (including Jane Yolen's 'Soulja Grrrrl: a Long Line Rap' with beats laid down by Drew!), all scored with music by Drew Miller with singer Kari Tauring and violinist David Stenshoel
* Steven Brust singing lead vocals on a fully-produced track for his 'Run Back Across the Border,' backed by Drew Miller and Felonious Bosch
* Author Amal El-Mohtar's own setting of her poem 'Stairs in her Hair,'sung by her sister Dounya
Hear everything that made the original audiobook of WELCOME TO BORDERTOWN a 2012 Audie Award Finalist for Best Short Story Collection: stories read by the amazing team of MacLeod Andrews and Cassandra Campbell -- plus a host of exciting extras!
SPECIAL EDITION AUDIOBOOK of
WELCOME TO BORDERTOWN: New Stories and Poems of the Borderlands
Matthew Borgatti, purveyor of such Boing Boing favorites as the Guy Fawkes Bandanna, the War Boy Bandanna, and the Lockpick Earrings, offers you your choice of his wares at at 20% discount, with the coupon code “jackhammerjill.”
Boing Boing readers already know about MakieLab, the startup where my friends and I make 3D printed, customizable dolls called Makies.
Sgt Crispy writes, “XKCD creator Randall Munroe, has made a spiffy little hoverboard game. Looks to be small, however, when you realize that boundaries are made to be broken, A massive world opens up to be explored.”
Celebrate Cyber Monday with some brain food. Save on any eLearning deal in the Boing Boing Store today using coupon code: CYBERMONDAY25. Below are a couple of our favorite eLearning offers: eduCBA Tech Training Bundle: Lifetime Subscription:Welcome to your personal online classroom, where you can finally study at your own pace, on your own time (and […]
This minimalist multi-tool will see to it that instead of rocking a tool belt, you’ll carry just one. It’s shaped slightly like a key and weighs less than an ounce, so it plays nice with your keychain. The strong surgical-grade stainless steel blade will last, and is handy for everyday tasks like opening boxes and […]
The Code Black is our top-selling drone of all time—and for good reason. This powerful, palm-size drone is not only insanely fun to fly, but can capture some serious video footage from up above. With a flight time of about 10 minutes and an ultra-smooth ride, it’s a great introductory drone for anyone looking to […]