There's a new special-edition audiobook of Welcome to Bordertown, the YA reboot of the amazing, classic urban fantasy shared-world anthologies that practically invented the genre. The special edition includes lots of new material, such as Neil Gaiman's reading of his poem "The Song of the Song" and Steven Brust fronting a musical version of his "Run Back Across the Border" -- there's lots more, and its all available as a DRM-free MP3CD.
I grew up on the Bordertown books and was delighted to be asked to contribute a story: Shannon's Law.
We've just brought out a new SPECIAL EDITION of the audiobook from Brilliance Audio, featuring:
* Original music throughout by Drew Miller of Boiled in Lead (one of the bands that inspired the original series), created just for this audiobook
* Neil Gaiman reading his poem 'The Song of the Song'
* Ellen Kushner reading all the other poems (including Jane Yolen's 'Soulja Grrrrl: a Long Line Rap' with beats laid down by Drew!), all scored with music by Drew Miller with singer Kari Tauring and violinist David Stenshoel
* Steven Brust singing lead vocals on a fully-produced track for his 'Run Back Across the Border,' backed by Drew Miller and Felonious Bosch
* Author Amal El-Mohtar's own setting of her poem 'Stairs in her Hair,'sung by her sister Dounya
Hear everything that made the original audiobook of WELCOME TO BORDERTOWN a 2012 Audie Award Finalist for Best Short Story Collection: stories read by the amazing team of MacLeod Andrews and Cassandra Campbell -- plus a host of exciting extras!
SPECIAL EDITION AUDIOBOOK of
WELCOME TO BORDERTOWN: New Stories and Poems of the Borderlands
I don’t think Stewart’s ever been in finer form, and his “I’ve been living in a cave”/Transmet schtick plays well with Colbert’s own persona.
Russel Cameron’s grotesque, beautiful sculptures “possess human characteristics such as skin texture and some form of anatomical structure,” fashioned into blobby, nightmarish, sexual forms.
Support Techdirt before Aug 2 and you can get one of their classic “the content of this shirt has been removed” DMCA tees and hoodies!
3D printers are hot, but they’re also pricey. While the prospect of cranking out everything we can dream up is enticing, cost is often one factor that keeps us from jumping onto the 3D printing train.Now, thanks to M3D, that doesn’t have to be the case. You can now get its flagship 3D printer–plus four reels of filaments–for just […]
It’s no secret that technology is changing the way we all work—but it’s also transforming the way we play. The games of today look nothing like those of 10 or even 20 years ago: these days it’s all about mobile and 3D. And now you can learn to design 3D mobile games with the Intro to Unity 3D Game […]
Earbuds are fine for casual listening while you work out or run errands. But when you really want to experience music as it was intended, nothing beats a serious set of noise-canceling, soundscape-enhancing headphones.The REMXD On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones offer high-quality sound with complete wireless connectivity — and at just $35.99, this rechargeable set won’t even cut into […]