Male employees are suing Archie Comics' CEO Nancy Silberkleit for gender discrimination. Her alleged workplace behavior, reported in the New York Daily News, is bizarre:
- refuses to call male employees by their names and instead refers to all of them as “Penis.”
- frequently yells “Penis! Penis! Penis!” in staff meetings.
- invites Hell’s Angels into the office to intimidate employees.
- frequently inquires about the location of a handgun and 750 rounds of ammunition she believes her late husband kept in the office.
- stalks employees and their families
"Silberkleit contends that the case should be tossed out because white males are not 'a protected class.'"
Mark Frauenfelder is the founder of Boing Boing and the editor-in-chief of MAKE and Cool Tools. Twitter: @frauenfelder. His new book is Maker Dad: Lunch Box Guitars, Antigravity Jars, and 22 Other Incredibly Cool Father-Daughter DIY Projects
MORE: Comic Books