Bundle of Holding -- a name-your-price download service -- is currently promoting a collection of family-friendly RPGs, including several games that are suitable for age 5 and up. Ten percent of the purchase price goes to two worthy kids' charities (Save the Children and St Jude's Children's Hospital), and you can choose how much you pay (the recommended payment is $17). If you give more than $14.14, you get six bonus games, as well. Click through below for a list of the games in the bundle:
* Hero Kids: An ideal introduction to fantasy roleplaying for children aged 4 to 10.
* Mermaid Adventures: Exciting undersea adventures and strange mysteries. (Ages 6-11.)
* The Princes' Kingdom: Young heirs to the throne of Islandia, visiting the citizens of their land and solving problems. This bundle is the first .PDF version of The Princes' Kingdom sold anywhere! (Ages 5+, plus an adult.)
* Happy Birthday, Robot!: The charming storytelling game by Daniel Solis for families or classrooms. (Ages 9+ -- and especially good for grownups.)
* Adventures in Oz - Fantasy Roleplaying Beyond the Yellow Brick Road: A loving journey into the lands of L. Frank Baum. (Ages 8+.)
* Camp Myth: The RPG: Third Eye's adaptation of the Chris Lewis Carter YA novel series about mythic creatures at summer camp. (Ages 8-13.)
* Project Ninja Panda Taco: Jennifer (Jennisodes) Steen's game of competing Masterminds and their biddable Minions. (Ages 8+.)
* School Daze: It's high school the way you wish it could be. (Ages 13+.)
* The Zorcerer of Zo: Chad Underkoffler's classic game of fairy tales set in the Zantabulous Land of Zo. (Ages 5+.)
Family-Friendly RPGs - teach your kids roleplaying
(via Wil Wheaton)
A classic Mallory Ortberg humor column sets out a day in the life of an “empowered female heroine,” a fictional staple on whom society (and literature) project a huge amount of aspirational demands.
On Black Friday, Cards Against Humanity sold the “experience of buying nothing” for $5 a pop. This stunt earned them over $71,000 in sales. As a way of thanking their customers, the staff posted the stuff they bought with the money. I wish they had taken the cash, poured gas on it and burned it, […]
If you’re a woman on the Internet, harassment comes with the territory. There have been jerky dudes since time immemorial, after all. But with the advent of America’s militarized cops, sociopathic misogynists have a new, deadly force-multiplier in their war on women.
The Micro Drone 2.0+ is truly in a league of its own, offering a new perspective on aerial photography, and a world of technological capabilities that make flying ridiculously fun. Simply throw it in the air at any angle and its self-correcting algorithm will stabilize for smooth sailing in no time. You’ll stay entertained with […]
Celebrate Cyber Monday with some brain food. Save on any eLearning deal in the Boing Boing Store today using coupon code: CYBERMONDAY25. Below are a couple of our favorite eLearning offers: eduCBA Tech Training Bundle: Lifetime Subscription:Welcome to your personal online classroom, where you can finally study at your own pace, on your own time (and […]
This minimalist multi-tool will see to it that instead of rocking a tool belt, you’ll carry just one. It’s shaped slightly like a key and weighs less than an ounce, so it plays nice with your keychain. The strong surgical-grade stainless steel blade will last, and is handy for everyday tasks like opening boxes and […]