Jeff writes, "Filtered is a new free/open source IMAP mail filtering application which provides automated routing of email based on per sender settings. You can train Filtered via its web UI or by dragging and dropping email to folders in your email account. Filtered can also learn from the contents of your existing folders."
Filtered's advanced module also brings new kinds of features to mail:
* Quiet hours. Shut down your inbox during specific hours like weekday evenings and weekends while allowing specific senders emails e.g. family to come through
* Privacy folder. Drag emails to your secure folder and Filter will encrypt them to its server, then delete them from your NSA-browsable gmail account.
* Whitelisting. Automatically send challenge emails to unknown senders to require them to verify their identity before the message appears in your inbox. Unverified senders are held in a review folder.
* Smartphone alerts. Filtered can send notifications to your phone when messages from specific senders or with specific keywords arrive.
* Manage anonymous email accounts. Filtered makes it easier to route inbound mail from catch-all email addresses. This is useful for registering with companies using anonymous addresses to minimize data mining.
The coolest thing about Filtered is that it's a platform for reading, analyzing, routing and managing your email -- possibilities abound. Filtered is essentially a programmable playground for "hacking" your own email.
Filtered is written in PHP, in the Yii Framework. An installation guide is provided for typical GNU/Linux configurations. There is also a community support forum and a feature request board.
Filtered – Open Source IMAP Mail Filtering Software for PHP
Matt Reimer’s homebrew autonomous tractor uses open source components to accomplish the kind of automation that John Deere’s super-proprietary tractors are known for.
Khartabil has been imprisoned in a Syria’s Adra Prison since 2012, though as of October, he has been transferred to an undisclosed location. The free software/open culture activist was the lead for Creative Commons Syria and has contributed to Wikipedia, Firefox and many other projects.
Tensorflow, a sophisticated machine learning program that underpins Google Translate, speech recognition, image recognition and many other critical Google services, is now available under an Apache license, one of the least restrictive free/open licenses.
The Code Black is our top-selling drone of all time—and for good reason. This powerful, palm-size drone is not only insanely fun to fly, but can capture some serious video footage from up above. With a flight time of about 10 minutes and an ultra-smooth ride, it’s a great introductory drone for anyone looking to […]
Don’t get handcuffed by Apple’s standard 3-foot Lightning cord (that you’ve most likely already lost), treat yourself to 10 feet of luxurious charging convenience. The Colossal is certified by Apple for its high-end quality, and designed to support full use of your phone while you power up. You can also get it in a 2-pack […]
Today and tomorrow only we are offering an additional 15% off the entire Boing Boing store (some exclusions may apply). Simply use coupon code: BLACKFRIDAY at checkout! Below are a few of our favorites from the store: First Generation Lytro 16GB Camera: The First Consumer Camera to Capture the Entire Light FieldAdobe Training Videos: Lifetime Subscription: 6,000+ Adobe […]