Jeff writes, "Filtered is a new free/open source IMAP mail filtering application which provides automated routing of email based on per sender settings. You can train Filtered via its web UI or by dragging and dropping email to folders in your email account. Filtered can also learn from the contents of your existing folders."
Filtered's advanced module also brings new kinds of features to mail:
* Quiet hours. Shut down your inbox during specific hours like weekday evenings and weekends while allowing specific senders emails e.g. family to come through
* Privacy folder. Drag emails to your secure folder and Filter will encrypt them to its server, then delete them from your NSA-browsable gmail account.
* Whitelisting. Automatically send challenge emails to unknown senders to require them to verify their identity before the message appears in your inbox. Unverified senders are held in a review folder.
* Smartphone alerts. Filtered can send notifications to your phone when messages from specific senders or with specific keywords arrive.
* Manage anonymous email accounts. Filtered makes it easier to route inbound mail from catch-all email addresses. This is useful for registering with companies using anonymous addresses to minimize data mining.
The coolest thing about Filtered is that it's a platform for reading, analyzing, routing and managing your email -- possibilities abound. Filtered is essentially a programmable playground for "hacking" your own email.
Filtered is written in PHP, in the Yii Framework. An installation guide is provided for typical GNU/Linux configurations. There is also a community support forum and a feature request board.
Filtered – Open Source IMAP Mail Filtering Software for PHP
Though the code for Apollo 11’s “Apollo Guidance Computer” has been online since 2003, when Ron Burkey rekeyed it from the scans that Gary Neff had uploaded, ex-NASA intern Chris Garry’s posting of the code to Github last week has precipitated a widespread interest in the code, along with close scrutiny of the code itself.
Alex AKA Yaxu writes, “I co-founded the Algorave movement. Now I’m working on an album of live-coded algorave-style music.”
Software Heritage is an initiative that has made preserving software its main mission. Why is this important? Consider, if you will, the case of Gary Kildall’s video game…
Much of what goes into creating an amazing photo happens in the digital darkroom. Here’s your chance to master all things photo editing: the Ultimate Adobe Photo Editing Bundle, now available in the Boing Boing Store for just $29.99.Across 8 courses and over 41 hours of intensive instruction, you’ll learn the fundamentals of Adobe’s suite of photo […]
3D printers are hot, but they’re also pricey. While the prospect of cranking out everything we can dream up is enticing, cost is often one factor that keeps us from jumping onto the 3D printing train.Now, thanks to M3D, that doesn’t have to be the case. You can now get its flagship 3D printer–plus four reels of filaments–for just […]
It’s no secret that technology is changing the way we all work—but it’s also transforming the way we play. The games of today look nothing like those of 10 or even 20 years ago: these days it’s all about mobile and 3D. And now you can learn to design 3D mobile games with the Intro to Unity 3D Game […]