Love writes, "'R-Kaid-Revelation' is a my first complete all-in-one system designed for the dedicated gamer. Don't let the unique retro look fool you. Under all that walnut timber you'll find a tech bomb exploding with up-to-date gadgets and innovative DIY solutions. Below are some of its features:"
- A 22" transparent LCD. When in sleep mode, this backlit screen displays the heart of the machine, a top-notch water cooled PC.
Attached behind it, a homemade motor driven blind/shade with limit switches. This is for the occasions when the user's in need of minimal distraction elements."
- A built-in 500 ANSI LED projector, for the more cinematic gaming occasions.
- Two wireless joypads, hidden and integrated like chest drawers in the main construction. These have detachable crafted joystick shafts and can be charged through USB on the back.
- A wooden bluetooth keyboard/retro mouse setup combined with a storage unit containing important accessories. When not in use, these rests hidden on top of the main chassis.
- A dual boot system using two separate 256GB SSD disks and a physical SATA-switch.
Boot1, a self booting modified frontend interface, browsing a library of over 12000 classic game titles. All controlled by the joypads.
Boot2: A windows based setup for the daily PC use and a platform for newer, more demanding games.
- A water cooled up-to-date computer setup
Specs: CPU: Intel i5 3570k RAM: Corsair Dominators 2x4GB SSD: 2x Corsair 256gb disks GPU: ZOTAC GTX670 AMP! 2GB
John Scalzi’s on tour with his new novel, The Collapsing Empire: he’s posted a list of ten things every touring author knows, and very few other people ever get to see.
Steven Boyett writes, “Humble Bundle has released a unicorn-themed Bundle, with proceeds to benefit the World Wide Fund for Nature and Fauna & Flora International. For as little as $1.00, you can get Ariel, by Steven R. Boyett (full disclosure: that’s me); Unicorn Mountain, by Michael Bishop; Homeward Bound, by Bruce Coville; and Unicorn Triangle, […]
With less than a week to go until the debut of Walkaway, my next novel for adults, Portland’s Powell’s Bookstore has run a long Q&A with me about the book, my writing habits, my favorite reads, and many other subjects.
Even the most expensive pair of hi-fi headphones can’t match the feeling of bass rumbling through your body at a live show. That’s why music aficionados designed The Basslet, an accessory that reproduces that sensation from your wrist. Does it make your whole body shake with deep subs? Not really, because that would be terrifying, but […]
They probably just sleep a lot. But still, you can remotely keep an eye on them when you’re at work and missing them deeply with this HD monitor from Kodak.If you have a new puppy that destroys everything in sight, or you just want to be a little more security-conscious, this WiFi camera is a […]
Thinking of a business idea is the easy part. Doesn’t even have to be a “good” idea, you can still get people to throw money at a non-existent venture, but to do that you need to at least have something even resembling a viable business plan. Why doesn’t anyone do it then? Because building that semi-viable […]