Downworthy is a Chrome plugin that converts hyperbolic headlines from viral mills into sarcastic -- and much more realistic -- semantic equivalents. For example, the word "literally" is replaced with "figuratively"; while "go viral" is translated to "be overused so much that you'll silently pray for the sweet release of death to make it stop."
* "Literally" becomes "Figuratively"
* "Will Blow Your Mind" becomes "Might Perhaps Mildly Entertain You For a Moment"
* "One Weird Trick" becomes "One Piece of Completely Anecdotal Horseshit"
* "Go Viral" becomes "Be Overused So Much That You'll Silently Pray for the Sweet Release of Death to Make it Stop"
* "Can't Even Handle" becomes "Can Totally Handle Without Any Significant Issue"
* "Incredible" becomes "Painfully Ordinary"
* "You Won't Believe" becomes "In All Likelihood, You'll Believe"
* ... and so on.
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.