If you've ever dreamed of owning a bank-vault mounded high with shiny coins in which you can bathe like Scrooge McDuck, now is your chance. A Swiss bank-vault filled with 8 million Swiss 5-cent pieces is up for auction. The vault was made in 1913 for the Schweizer Volksbank. The coins -- 15 tons' worth -- were used in a 2013 installation in which they were dumped in a public square, with no security, as an exercise in public trust. The coins and the safe are presently in Basel. You will have to relocate them.
- Year of contruction: 1912
- Swiss handmade craftsman piece of work
- Total of 1619 deposit boxes
- All keys available
- Dimensions: total length: 22.3m; height: 2.2m; width: 0.54m
- Containing 5 Elements
- Current room dimensions: 9.38 x 4.87
- Boxes and lockers are a handmade fabrication of steel and brass
- Plinth elements of marble
- Additional middle corpus is already in the Swiss National Museum in Zurich
- 8 Million pieces of Swiss 5 cent coins ("Rappen")
- 15 tons of "liquid" money
- Dimension of the money: 6m3
- Alloy: Copper 92% / Aluminium 6% / Nickel 2%
- Caliber: 17,15 mm, Weight: 1,80 g, Thickness: 1,25 mm
Original Swiss Bank Deposit Safe - Money Swimming Pool
Jonathan Mathew is one of the bankers at Barclays who participated in the Libor rigging fraud, which cost people all over the world trillions of dollars in higher payments on mortgages, government bonds, student loans, and other assets totalling $350 trillion.
In Germany, media that can make or store copies (drives, copiers, blank optical discs) is subject to a “private copying levy” that is meant to compensate rightsholders for the works that will be copied to it (in return, the levy confers a limited right to make those copies to the purchaser).
Chelsea Clinton’s husband Marc Mezvinsky is a Goldman Sachs alumnus; in 2014, he founded Hellenic Opportunity, a hedge fund that raised $25M to bet on distressed assets from Greece’s collapsed economy, wagering that the country’s investors would force it to make deeper cuts to finance payments on the debts.
If you or your company’s IT system are besieged by black hat cyber attacks, an ethical hacker might be all that stands between crippling damage and a company’s long-term prosperity. It’s no wonder that the market for IT security specialists is exploding. Certification is the key – so learn the tenets of ethical hacking and get […]
Your laptop and mobile devices are top of the line…so why are you trotting out that raggedy decades-old suitcase when you go somewhere? Time to up your travel game with a complete 5-piece Herschel Travel Luggage bundle…and we’ll even give it to you for free!Of course, you’ve got to win the Ultimate Herschel Travel Bundle […]