Headed to 2014 SXSW Interactive in Austin this weekend? Cory, Xeni, Mark, and Pesco will all be there participating in a variety of sessions. Here's a handy guide:
* Saturday, March 8, 3:30pm - 4:30pm, SXSW Create Long Center: "Cool Tools Show & Tell" Bring your favorite tool (hand tools, maps, how-to books, vehicles, software, specialized devices, gizmos, websites — and anything useful) and be prepared to talk about it and (if feasible) demonstrate it to other cool tools enthusiasts. Presented by Mark Frauenfelder
* Saturday, March 8, 7pm - 11:30pm, Capitol Tower: "In the Future, Everything Will Work: A Cyberpunk Retrofest presented by EFF/EFF-Austin" with Cory Doctorow, Gareth Branwyn, Bruce Sterling, William Barker (Schwa) and Jon Lebkowsky
* Sunday, March 9, 3:30pm - 4:30pm, Omni Downtown: "Ingenuity: Hackathon Uncovered" with David Pescovitz, Mark Frauenfelder, Eric McClellan (Team Detroit), and Liz Boone (FM).
* Monday, March 10: 9:30am - 10:30am, Austin Convention Center: "Snowden 2.0: A Field Report From the NSA Archives" with Cory Doctorow and Barton Gellman.
* Monday, March 10, 3:30pm - 4:30pm, Hilton Austin Downtown: "Community-Building: Better than Chemo" with Xeni Jardin, Alicia Staley, Deanna Attai, and Jody Schoger.
Hope to see your happy mutant mugs in Austin! Ask us for stickers!
Jedediah Voltzby’s Somewhere Small sculpture series is composed of 25 tiny treehouses painstakingly built around houseplants, drawing on Voltzby’s extensive experience as a props-master for films.
Demonia’s Women’s Stomp 314 Boots are goth as fuck, knee-high, made of shiny polyurethane and ringed with ammo for that je ne sais quoi. (via The Everyday Goth)
Thinkgeek’s launched a trinity of Star Trek: TNG swimwear for the summer: $60 one-piece suits (sciences blue; ops gold, command red); $40 cover-up rompers; and $50 “Deanna Troi” rashies/swim shirts
We’d all love a 75-inch TV screen on which to view our favorite shows. But not all of us can drop the cash needed to get one of those broadcasting beauties (or even have the space needed to house them).Thankfully, there’s an alternative. With the SainSonic Mini LED Portable Projector (only $59.99 in the Boing Boing Store), you can project a picture […]
If you want to add some real firepower to your programming repertoire, learn Java–one of the most adaptable, widely-used programming platforms around. You can easily do that with this Ultimate Java bundle, now just $69 in the Boing Boing Store.Across 14 lectures and 117 hours of content, the educators at online academy eduCBA will walk you through […]
Every company wants to harness the power of social media, but few understand how to make that happen. Be one of those select few with this Social Media Marketing Course & Certification package, now just $29 in the Boing Boing Store.Over 12 modules of course material, you’ll learn what it takes to increase a brand’s […]