GirlieMac, aka Tomomi Imura (Twitter) just won the internet with her deftly conceived and Photoshopped series of HTTP status message "motivational poster" images, featuring cats. A bunch of them are featured above and below. The full set is here at Flickr. She's taking suggestions for more, if you can think of any she missed. (thanks, Bonnie Burton)
I've been a fan of Jonny McGovern's hilarious gay-oriented music videos for years, so I was glad to see a new one pop up in Submitterator. Normally I'd let a video like this speak for itself, but I'd like to highlight a few key lyrics that just make it:
I be sexy strippin'
We can read science fiction
while we make science friction.
You and I, we can fly
with Bill Nye the Science Guy.
I'll be working your shaft
while you play World of Warcraft.
We can get our freak on
in the bathroom at Comic Con.
If you're not comfortable with hunky men dancing around in their underwear, you may not want to watch this video. That's as racy as it gets, though.
Flying R2-D2, you are doing it wrong
If I assume that R2 is flying horizontally at a constant velocity, and the the "thrust" is at an angle theta from the vertical then:
I guess I should say I am using g as the local gravitational field for whatever planet he (R2) is on. Is R2 even a he? Maybe R2 is a she. I don't know. The point is that the vertical component of the thrust must equal the vertical component of the gravitational force. So what you say?
- R2D2 with 8 game-consoles in him - Boing Boing
- HOWTO knit an R2D2 beanie - Boing Boing
- Boing Boing: R2D2 mailboxes from the US Postal Service
- Beer barrel R2D2 sculpture - Boing Boing
- Droidel, the R2D2 dreidel - Boing Boing
- Steampunk R2-D2 tee (steampunk! steampunk! steampunk!) - Boing Boing
- Boing Boing: R2D2: Secret leader of the rebellion
- Make an R2-D2 pinhole camera out of an oatmeal box - Boing Boing
- Science-fiction science: How long could you survive inside a ...
- Star Wars: The Science of Consistency - Boing Boing