There is now an entire blog dedicated to looking at what is written on the blackboard in the background of naughty schoolgirl porn films, and evaluating it for accuracy and grade level of information. God, I love the Internet.
Here's what Blackboards in Porn had to say about the photo above.
1 + 1 = 2
Mathematics - university/nursery school level.
This is clearly an extremely advanced level mathematical course, focusing on the Peano axioms for the natural numbers which formalised mathematics in the late 19th century. This course would culminate with Gödel's second incompleteness theorem which shows that the consitency of the Peano axioms cannot be formalised within Peano arithmetic itself.
Alternatively, it could be that the pupil, even at her advanced age, hasn't grasped that 1 + 1 = 2, and that all the after school one-to-one lessons in the world aren't going to work. Indeed, she probably won't even understand what 'one-to-one' means.
8/10 - loses two marks for 'math'.
Disclaimer: The blog is safe for work, in so much as there is no nudity. However, it is somewhat astounding how easy it is to look at a photo of a room full of fully clothed people and know, immediately, that said photo is a still from a porn. Make of that what you will.
Via Wired. Thanks to Joel!
- Great Moments in Pedantry: Octopuses, octopi, octopodes
- Great Moments in Pedantry: Pie charts aren't so bad, after all
- Great Moments in Pedantry: Parsing the language of porn
- Great Moments in Pedantry: How "Jurassic Park" got Velociraptors wrong
- Real scientists of the Planet of the Apes
- Pedantry of the Day: A "parsec" is a unit of distance, not time