From the Swallowing The Camel blog, a list of "The World's Weirdest/Stupidest Conspiracy Theories." Here are a few of my faves, in no particular order. The author of main proponent of each is listed beside the theory. From the post:
• Stephen King killed John Lennon. (Steve Lightfoot)
• WWII was staged. It never really happened. The Illuminati employed elaborate special effects, stage magic, and phony journalism to scare the world into pacifism. (Donald Holmes)
• The doomed Franklin Expedition was sent to the Arctic not only to find the Northwest Passage, but to secretly investigate UFO sightings that had been reported since the 1700s. The men were captured, experimented upon, and eaten by giant aliens. (Jeffrey Blair Latta)
• The 1939 War of the Worlds radio broadcoast was a psychological warfare study funded by C.D. Jackson on behalf of the Rockefeller Foundation, designed to find out how Americans would react to an enemy invasion. Funny... in a trailer for his mockumentary F is for Fake, Orson Welles did say the WoW broadcast had "secret sponsors". (Daniel Hopsicker)
• Aspartame, flouride, genetically modified foods, and vaccines are used specifically to keep us sick and open to suggestion, and/or as part of a secret depopulation plan designed by the world's elite.
Link (Thanks, Vann Hall!)
The escalating tariff slap-fight between the United States of America and the People’s Republic of China is messing with so many bottom lines that the only people playing the market and making bank are those with companies that make red ink in their portfolios. Even Apple, a company that pretty much prints its own damn […]
We presume it can tell by the pixels.
This alarmingly funny video shows an “Apple Engineer” explaining the company’s forthcoming $999 monitor stand. This guy is better than the “Downfall” meme! Also funny: to see people who had complained vocally about Apple’s lack of truly “pro” gear denouncing it when it finally came along, because it was too pro. Perhaps Apple should have […]
This all-in-one computing solution packs a healthy dose of processing power packed inside a 21.5″ HD LED display. It also features an Intel Core i3-2100 Dual-Core 3.1GHz CPU with 4 GB of DDR3 RAM for next-level multitasking and an impressive 250 GB SATA hard drive that can safely store your important files and media. So […]
So you cut the cord and got rid of cable? Join the steadily growing club. But while you’re out picking a streaming service, you might find one big blind spot: Local TV and sports, not to mention first-run programming from the big cable networks. Luckily, there’s a throwback way to get it for free: The […]
Even if you feel like AirPods are worth the price tag, you’ve got to admit there’s a certain anxiety that comes with using them. What if I lose them? What if they get wet in the rain? Or drenched in sweat? Or fall into the drink you dropped them into? Shiny tech is great, but […]