Current TV contributor Charmosh produced this interview with Jordan Vilchez, a Jonestown survivor who lives in the Bay Area. In 1971, cult leader Jim Jones established the headquarters of the Peoples Temple on Geary Boulevard in San Francisco, CA. The building is now a US Post Office. Vilchez, a survivor of mass deaths in Jonestown, Guyana in 1978, remembers what it was like in the early days of the Peoples Temple. (thanks, Gabriel del Rio)
Boing Boing posts on Jim Jones, Jonestown and People's Temple:
– Jonestown, 30 years Later: Inside People's Temple, the 1977 exposé.
– Jonestown, 30 years later: original audio recordings from People's Temple and Guyana.
– Jonestown, 30 years later: Life and Death of People's Temple (PBS video).
– Jonestown, 30 years later: interview with a survivor (video)
– Jonestown, 30 years later: From Silver Lake To Suicide
– Jonestown, 30 years later: "Father Cares," NPR documentary from 1981
– Raven: The Untold Story of The Reverend Jim Jones and His People
– Andrew Brandou on his Jonestown paintings