The Merril Collection of Science Fiction, Speculation and Fantasy has an opening for a science fiction writer in residence, paying $16,000 for four months' work at 14h/week. The work consists of "public readings, workshops, evaluation of submitted manuscripts, and one-on-one meetings with writers from the general public," with leftover time for your own projects.
My first experience with a real writer was when Judith Merril was the writer in residence at the Merril Collection (then called The Spaced Out Library). Judy read and critiqued my manuscripts and mentored and tutored me, and inspired me to be a writer. The collection is the largest public sf/f reference collection in the world — you can get lost in the stacks for days.
There's one week left to apply for the position — this is quite an opportunity!
• Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
• Minimum of five novels or short story collections of science fiction,
fantasy or horror, published by a professional publishing house
• Active in the writing profession
• Experience in teaching creative writing
• Intend to work on a new project, normally intended for book-length