When The Pirate Bay was ordered shut down by the Swedish courts because it linked to infringing torrents on the Internet, many people pointed out that Google links to whole mountains' — whole planets' — worth of infringing stuff. Now, to make the point, comes The Pirate Google, a Google mashup that finds torrent files: "The intention of this site is to demonstrate the double standard that was exemplified in the recent Pirate Bay Trial. Sites such as Google offer much the same functionality as The Pirate Bay and other Bit Torrent sites but are not targeted by media conglomerates such as the IFPI as they have the political and legal clout to defend themselves unlike these small independent sites."
- Unscientific poll on The Pirate Bay sentence — UPDATED – Boing Boing
- Swedish Pirate Party membership surges after Pirate Bay verdict …
- Pirate Bay defendants found guilty, sentenced to jail – Boing Boing
- Pirate Bay judge had conflict of interest: mistrial? – Boing Boing
- Brit mobile operators blocking Pirate Bay – Boing Boing
- Pirate flag at half mast – Boing Boing
- Anonymous declares war on copyright enforcers, demands more …