Gavin Hyatt of Witney, Oxfordshire went to the hospital with a bleeding belly button. The doctor said "It was like something from Alien. I didn't believe Gavin when he said something was coming out of his belly button until I saw him." That something was a 4cm parasitic twin that had been stuck inside Hyatt for the last 30 years.
Hyatt told The Sun:
"At first I thought I had been stung by something due to the burning pain in my belly button.
"But there was no sign of anything on the skin. Then I felt a large lump just above my navel, which was so painful that I nearly passed out.
"I couldn't sleep and made an emergency appointment with the GP the next day.
"There was a red patch around the area which was hot to the touch. Dr Santos felt it and said it was a hernia."
Hyatt is keeping his twin in a small plastic jar.