• Every gadget expands until it becomes a PC. Any gadget that does not so expand is replaced by one that will.
• Joel interviewed Dane Novarlic, the United Nations' emergency network admin. He's currently in Pakistan helping people displaced by the Taliban.
• Cabledrop holds cables securely, but has the added quality of looking very rude.
• TomTom touts "subtle swirls" on its special edition satnav, the world's most glamorous by far.
• The H-Bomb is a battery-heated $1,000 wetsuit.
• Yes, it was our Surfing theme day! Remember the Waikiki Beach Boys; Predict surf at Mavericks; and learn how to Sell surf wax.
• Liquid metal breeching rounds are exactly what they say they are.
• Someone put an Atom PC in a vase. But is it ceramic?
Justine Haupt made this handsome and completely functional rotary cellphone. Her design is open-source and you can even buy a case kit from her company, Sky’s Edge Robotics. You have to find and carefully modify your own rotary dial, though — they’re apparently no longer made — as well as a few other components. Why […]
Samsung claims to have developed an “Ultra Thin Glass” for its new Galaxy Z Flip foldable smartphone, signalling scratch resistance and durability beyond that of similar products. But tests conducted by Zack Nelson using a Mohs Hardness Testkit [Amazon] — a set of styluses made of different materials — show that it is no more […]
There is very little evidence that Ring reduces crime. Hundreds of police departments have signed agreements with Amazon-owned Ring to obtain access to the home surveillance camera footage. Interviews with many of them, in 8 different states, show little to no evidence that Ring actually deters criminal activity.
If you remember your Norse mythology (or just watched Marvel’s Thor movies), you’re probably familiar with Heimdal, the god whose ever-watchful eye was entrusted with protecting the home of the gods in Asgard. Back on Earth, Heimdal Thor is also the name of a security package from Heimdal Security, that’s actually dedicated to much the […]
Everyone’s got their nose in a phone these days, and that doesn’t seem like it’s going to change anytime soon. With the increase in mobile device and e-commerce reliance comes increased need for developers who can build the apps we’re all so glued to. In fact, employment of devs is expected to grow up to […]
Whether you love cooking at home or you swore this was going to be the year you curbed your DoorDash addiction, you know you can’t get the job done well without the proper tools on hand. For all your recipe and meal prep needs, this 3-piece Sukasu Osami Chef’s Knife set will do you right […]