The Meatcard Challenge: If you do a good job of recreating one of three Frazetta paintings using live people you could win a slab of beef jerky with your business card laser-cut on it.
* Your image must be a photograph of actual, live people, not a drawing, illustration, or diorama. Recreating the painting with action figures does not count.
* Do not halfass the photo. If there is a dinosaur in the painting, there had better be something awesomely dinosaur-y in your picture. Not a stuffed animal, or your cat. Unless your cat is six feet tall and has a wicked gleam in its eye. We will be judging on creativity, ingenuity, and attitude.
* No photoshopping. No shooping whatsoever. We have shooped the whoop many times, and we will be able to tell.
* Judging is gender-agnostic. That's a man in the bikini holding the knife? Fine! We will judge based on whether he's successfully achieving the Fierce Frazetta Stance. Gender doesn't matter in the contest, but attitude and costume does.
* One winning photo, one alpha-tester slot. If your photo wins, you get one alpha-test slot, with one 4"x11" slab of jerky resulting. (Otherwise, one photo with 15 people in it could take up all the slots.)
* Pictures do not need to be work-safe, fully clothed, partially clothed, tasteful, appropriate, or attractive. They must be creative, ingenious, and make us glad we did this instead of just doing it "first come, first served."
I can't wait to see the contest entries!
California bans eating roadkill in part because it's viewed as a temptation for poachers to disguise their kills as road accidents; but that means a lot of game goes to waste (at least 20,000 deer alone are hit by Californians every year -- some researchers put the number at 80,000), and the animals involved are […]
CBD-infused snacks could soon join the product line that includes Chips Ahoy cookies, Cadbury chocolate, and Nutter Butter cookies.
Christina Ward has a new book out called American Advertising Cookbooks: How corporations taught us to love Spam, bananas, and Jell-O. It’s beautifully designed book with lots of color photographs from mid-century food corporation cookbooks that takes a deep dive into the sociological and geopolitical implications of American eating in decades past. Here’s an excerpt […]
Trying to earn a promotion? Memorial Day weekend might be a good place to start. There are tons of e-learning packages that can help you build professional skills a lot quicker (and cheaper) than any technical academy. Whether you want to earn IT certifications, learn to code, become a designer, or anything else, these comprehensive […]
If you’re into tools or gadgets, Memorial Day weekend is your Christmas. Take an extra 15% off the final price of these DIY accessories – all of which are already on sale – by entering the promo code WEEKEND15. LUXJET Universal 24-in-1 Magnetic Screwdriver Set & Repair Kit This small but sturdy kit won the […]
If you can build a cloud infrastructure, you can build a business. Companies are overwhelmingly turning to cloud computing to set up or bolster their network, and it’s easy to see why. It allows on-demand access to processing power, a la carte services, and nearly unlimited storage, all without adding extra systems and the maintenance […]