Andrew Sullivan has rounded up all the documented major, easily verified lies of Sarah Palin. It's an impressive list, a kind of "portrait of the candidate as a frootbat."
Palin lied when she said the dismissal of her public safety commissioner, Walt Monegan, had nothing to do with his refusal to fire state trooper Mike Wooten; in fact, the Branchflower Report concluded that she repeatedly abused her power when dealing with both men.
Palin lied when she repeatedly claimed to have said, "Thanks, but no thanks" to the Bridge to Nowhere; in fact, she openly campaigned for the federal project when running for governor.
Palin lied when she denied that Wasilla's police chief and librarian had been fired; in fact, both were given letters of termination the previous day.
Palin lied when she wrote in the NYT that a comprehensive review by Alaska wildlife officials showed that polar bears were not endangered; in fact, email correspondence between those scientists showed the opposite.
(via Making Light)
- Sarah Palin's legal team doesn't understand DNS – Boing Boing
- La Pequeña Sarah Palin (Thank you Jesus) – Boing Boing
- Who scrubbed Wikipedia's entry for Sarah Palin just before nom …
- Sarah Palin in 30 seconds – Boing Boing
- Mad Magazine on Sarah Palin – Boing Boing
- Vlad and Boris: Love Song for Sarah Palin, our Alaskan Neighbor …