Monsters and Rockets sez, "Sesame Street is 40 years old today! In this early clip, Grover and a little boy named Jesse define marriage. It's a cute bit, but the remarkable thing is that given recent headlines this actually plays a lot like a PSA about gay marriage. At no point do Grover and Jesse say that a married couple has to be a man and a woman, and the things they say make up a marriage - kissing, hugging, being friends, helping each other - would apply to any married couple, straight or gay."
(Thanks, Monsters and Rockets!)
- Vote for the best Sesame Street segments - Boing Boing
- Video: Philip Glass's Sesame Street pieces - Boing Boing
- Rube Goldberg Machine animation from Sesame Street - Boing Boing
- Boing Boing: S.A.M, the Sesame Street Robot (video)
- Model rockets that look like Sesame Street's Bert - video - Boing ...
- First Sesame Street Gordon dies - Boing Boing
- Do the Right Thing recreated with Sesame Street toys - Boing Boing
- Flowcharting the gay marriage debate - Boing Boing
- The lobster abomination - Boing Boing
- 86-year-old WWII vet on gay marriage: "What do you think I fought ...
- OUTRAGE: documentary outs anti-gay politicians who are secretly ...
- Boing Boing: Orson Scott Card's disgraceful anti-gay-marriage ...
- Gay Marriage: history never repeats? - Boing Boing
- Fafblog on gay marriage - Boing Boing