You! Stop! Drop those marshmallows! Before you make a mistake you'll regret, consider this recipe instead.
Grammy Althea's Marshmallow-Free, Awesome-Full Stove Top Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet potatoes, probably about two pounds, peeled and chopped into thick hunks. Two pounds is approximate. You should have enough sweet potatoes, when chopped, to fill your skillet.
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 pound of brown sugar
- Cast-iron skillet
1. Fill cast-iron skillet with peeled and chopped sweet potatoes.
2. Add enough water to not-quite-cover the sweet potatoes.
3. Cut stick of butter into pats and add it to the skillet. Add entire 1 lb. bag of brown sugar to the skillet as well.
4. Bring to a boil. Then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about an hour. The liquid should become thick and bubbly, like a gooey delicious tar pit. Sweet potatoes are done when they are soft and glazed-looking.
Image courtesy Flickr user nataliemaynor, via CC
An entire genre of Saturday Night Live-style skit humor–what if celebrity x were absurdly cast in role y?–is made obsolete by deepfakery.
You gotta give it to these French-speaking folks for trying to pronounce these difficult-for-them English words. And you gotta give it Frenchly, the makers of the video, for making the words more challenging as it goes along. Psychophysicotherapeutics, anyone? [via; Previously]
One letter different, but a world apart.
We can’t all go through life with just a pair of sneakers and flip-flops. Sometimes, you have to invest in a pair of high-quality dress shoes. However, you’ve probably discovered that high-end footwear almost always comes with eye-popping price tags. You’ve got to compromise on second-hand or just suck it up and take out a […]
We have a theory about those throw blankets that are barely big enough to cover your legs. The only people who seem to make them or use them are grandmothers, and the blankets are only that small because Nana got bored halfway through the sewing job. Look, we’re sure she means well. But if you […]
Remember when the default state of your online presence was anonymity? That’s not so clear-cut anymore, and the worst part is you may not even know who is using your data or what they’re using it for. Small wonder that so many people are choosing to surf through virtual private networks. VPNs filter web access […]