This Clay Shirky talk from Web 2.0 Expo NY ("It's Not Information Overload. It's Filter Failure") challenges the idea that we've got information overload problems (we've had more books than any human could read for hundreds of years), what we have is a series of filter failures, as our systems for managing information abundance are swamped by the growth of information.
Web 2.0 Expo NY: Clay Shirky (shirky.com) It's Not Information Overload. It's Filter Failure.
(via Joho the Blog)
- Clay Shirky Debunks the WSJ's "Bloggers For Hire" Feature Boing Boing
- Clay Shirky's advice for women: go ahead, be an asshole! Boing Boing
- Clay Shirky on traditional media: "2009 is going to be a bloodbath …
- Clay Shirky on Colbert – Boing Boing
- Clay Shirky's masterpiece: Here Comes Everybody – Boing Boing
- Here Comes Clay Shirky (The Changing of the Guestbloggers) – Boing …
- Shirky talks activism: how group forming networks change protest …
- Shirky: Why 3G is doomed – Boing Boing