Wagner James Au sez, "Second Life founder Philip Rosedale (who stepped down from managing the company he founded last year) is attempting an ambitious follow-up with his new spin-off company: Creating a sentient artificial intelligence which only exists in a virtual world, capable of thinking and dreaming. To do that, Rosedale will use Second Life's grid of thousands of servers as the AI's neural network. Or as his former CTO puts it, '[B]uilding Skynet always felt like an appropriate follow on to Second Life.'"
- Artificial intelligence reborn at MIT Boing Boing
- AI busted for practicing law without a license – Boing Boing
- Boing Boing: SF story about AI-human love
- Boing Boing: Software beats humans at crossword solving; Web is …
- BBtv Vlog: 50 Years of LEGO / Ultimate Collector's Millennium …
- Seder for liberated robots – Boing Boing
- Interview with author of Love & Sex With Robots – Boing Boing