Here's a new Star Wars Stormtrooper toy that has been executed as a loving recreation of the classic Japanese Super Shogun toys, complete with rocket punch fist:
The Star Wars Stormtrooper Super Shogun stands a whopping 24 inches tall, and includes all of the features that you expect from an authentic Jumbo: free rotating wheels on the bottom of his feet, and a spring-loaded Rocket Punch firing fist!
Utilizing the same techniques implemented by Japanese toy manufacturers in the 1970s, the Super Shogun is constructed from durable, blow-molded polyethylene with a painted vinyl helmet. The figure is articulated at the neck and shoulders, and includes a removable, highly-detailed BlasTech E-11 laser blaster. The blaster even features a posable stock that unfolds from below the barrel. Collectors of both Japanese and Star Wars memorabilia are sure to be impressed with the care taken to fuse the disparate concepts into a new unique entity.
- Hot Stormtroopers in love - Boing Boing
- Boing Boing: Stormtrooper Fairyland Robot Wedding
- Stormtrooper at Star Wars con mistaken for armed robber - Boing Boing
- A day in the life of an Imperial Stormtrooper - Boing Boing
- Boing Boing: Storm Trooper armour on eBay
- Boing Boing: A British Stormtrooper in Tokyo
- Boing Boing: Che Stormtrooper sticker/Imperial March scratch video