Here's a set of mugshots of "habitual drunkards" scooped up in Birmingham's enforcement of the 1902 Licensing Act. Their images were distributed to pub owners along with the instruction not to sell them alcohol. The accompanying bust-cards enumerate their professions and crimes — "woodchopper/prostitute," "polisher/prostitute," "tube drawer" and "grease merchant" all feature.
Bizarrely, Ancestry.co.uk asserts a copyright over these public domain images taken by the police over a hundred years ago.
- La-Z-Boy in drunk driving debacle headed for eBay, "Hell Yeah It's …
- Pictures: Mom's drunk on the scanner, again Gadgets
- CES Photo: Drunk gadget bloggers fawn over VAIO P
- Are you a drunk astronaut?
- Danish tourism board produces video marketing Denmark as a country …
- Drunk groundhog attacks woman
- Homer Simpson, Drunk Astronaut Pioneer
- Drunk driver saved in court by "Shania Twain" defense