A couple of great videos from BigThink. First, Penn Jillette on how reading the great religious texts will make you into an atheist, the future of magic, and how he and Teller work together.
Next, behavioral economist Dan Ariely covers a lot of material from his new book, The Upside of Irrationality, including the irrational math of online dating sites; the Ikea Effect (overvaluing things we make); and the irrationality of many businesses.
- Penn Jillette on legalizing pot
- Penn Jillette's video rant show
- Penn Jillette, airport patriot
- Penn Jillette's radio show podcast
- Penn Jillette's daughter is named "Moxie CrimeFighter"
- Penn Jillette's "Sock" references collected
- A tour of magician Teller's house
- Ariely's UPSIDE OF IRRATIONALITY: using irrational cognitive ...
- Economist Dan Ariely finds a new placebo
- Predictably Irrational: subjecting the "rational consumer ...
- HOWTO avoid cognitive blind-spots, save money and be happy
- Why people think it's OK to cheat a little bit