The folks at Shapeways — a firm that prints your 3D models using a variety of materials and apparatus — have a new toy to show off: an Envisiontec Aureus, which is very, very accurate — "XY resolution is 43 micron and the Z voxel height is 25 micron." The resulting models can be plated as well.
- Shapeways 3D printing by Internet: 500 free beta signups
- Shapeways interviews Makerbot: 3D printing ahoy!
- Bruce Sterling interviewed by Shapeways
- 3D-printed version of the cover illo from Makers
- Downloadable 3D cover for MAKERS is now also an article of …
- 3D printer jargon in action
- 3D-printed math and science sculptures