Every year, Orbit Books's summer intern conducts a survey of fantasy novel cover-art for the year. This year, Orbit is releasing the data as a series, with commentary. Fascinating stuff: 'We have concrete evidence that the big three fantasy cover clichés ("castles", "glowy magic", and "swords") are in decline. The 50% reduction in castles can only mean one thing.'
(via Making Light)
- Time-lapse of book-cover design
- Race and book covers: why is there a white girl on the cover of …
- Good Show Sir: "only the worst Sci-Fi/Fantasy book covers" – Boing …
- Jacket design for Mark's new book!
- Pelican book cover design
- Comic book covers redrawn
- Best book covers of 2008
- Ugly and Bizarre book covers