Mary Robinette Kowal sez, "Preschoolers in Richmond, California are being handed RFID jerseys when they get to school. The ACLU points out that in addition to the privacy concerns, these are not secure tags. It has the potential to make kidnapping and stalking very easy."
The editors of Scientific American said it well back in May 2005: "Tagging … kids becomes a form of indoctrination into an emerging surveillance society that young minds should be learning to question."
(Thanks, Mary, via Submitterator!)
- Video of a guy implanting an RFID chip into his hand
- How to hack RFID-enabled credit cards for $8 TV
- Credit-card companies killed Mythbusters segment on RFID …
- RFID Rube Goldberg device
- Britain will make foreigners carry RFID identity cards and will …
- HOWTO kill/block an RFID
- Disney kills its spy-on-your-kids phones