Looking for ideas for your next technothriller? This list of Master's thesis titles from the past two years' graduates of the DHS-sponsored Naval Postgraduate School's Center for Homeland Defense and Security is a gold-mine. Seriously, though: if you want a 50,000-foot view of the directions in which the US security apparat is headed, look no further. The theses themselves will be online shortly through the NPS Dudley Knox library.
1. The Significance Of The Fire Service Culture As An Impediment To Effective Leadership In The Homeland Security Environment.
2. National Guard Civil Support Teams: Success, Sustainment And The Challenges In Between.
3. Identifying Best Practices In The Dissemination Of Intelligence To First Responders In The Fire And EMS Services.
4. Countering Violent Extremism, The Use Of Non-Governmental Organizations.
5. Creating Unity Of Effort In The Maritime Domain: The Case For The Maritime Operational Threat Response (MOTR) Plan.
6. Toward A Common Standard For Law Enforcement Response To WMD Hazmat Incidents.
7. Emerging Threat To America: Non-State Entities Fighting Fourth Generation Warfare In Mexico.
8. Homeland Security Within State Departments Of Agriculture: Success Factors And Barriers To An Effective Security Program.
9. Where Do I Start? Decision-Making in Complex Novel Environments.
10. State And Local Homeland Security Professionals: Who Are They And What Do They Do?
11. Improving Disaster Emergency Communication.
12. Can Local Police And Sheriff Departments Provide A Higher Rate Of Homeland Security Coordination And Collaboration Through Consolidation Of Police Services?
13. Alternate Care Sites For The Management Of Medical Surge In Disasters.
14. Medicine For The Masses: Strategies To Minimize The Consequences Of A Terrorist Attack During Mass Gatherings…