Tom Scott's Ignite London talk "Flash Mob Gone Wrong" is a fictionalized account of just how badly a flash mob could go. It's got an eerie ring of plausibility, largely because each of the steps leading up to the disastrous ending actually happened, just not all together. It's a freaky way to spend five minutes.
- HOWTO start a flashmob – Boing Boing
- Flashmob of ATM crooks scores $9 million in 49 cities – Boing Boing
- Boing Boing: Use of term "flash mob" dates back to 1800s Tasmania?
- McSweeney's rips hilarious hole in flash mob trend – Boing Boing
- Boing Boing: Pix from today's photog-mob at the unphotographable 1 …
- Boing Boing: Things to do in SF when you're dead: Zombie Flashmob …