This month's Locus magazine contains the annual "Locus Recommended Reading List," a guide to the best science fiction and fantasy published in the preceding year, chosen by the magazine's critics.
In addition to being a great primer for exploring the year in fiction, they're also an excellent cheat-sheet for award-nominations — for example, the Hugo Award nomination deadline is fast approaching. You can nominate for the Hugo if you attended or supported last year's World Science Fiction Convention in Melbourne, or if you have registered to attend or support this year's WorldCon in Reno.
I'm delighted to note that two of my stories were included in this year's Locus List: my novella Chicken Little and my short story The Jammie Dodgers and the Adventure of the Leicester Square Screening. Here's the full list of my eligible works, in case you're interested:
* Novel: For the Win (Tor, 2010)
* Novella: Chicken Little (Gateways, edited by Jim Frenkel, Tor, 2010)
* Novella: Epoch (published in With a Little Help, Sweet Home Grindstone press, 2010)
* Novella: There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow Now is the Best Time of Your Life (published in Godlike Machines, edited by Jonathan Strahan, Science Fiction Book Club, 2010)
* Short story: The Jammie Dodgers and the Adventure of the Leicester Square Screening, (Shareable.net, 2010)
* Short story: Ghosts in My Head (Subterranean Press, 2010)