Precision is a great little science fiction short film that was written, shot, scored, and edited in 48 hours as part of a filmmaking challenge. It's an inspiring example of how digital storytelling is changing in the face of new, nimble tools that lower the cost of experimentation and production:
Precision was always going to be restricted by the nature of the 48 hour challenge, very short time to conceive, write, shoot, edit and score! Not to mention the restriction of a prop, title and dialogue that had to be included in whatever we created. We did not let that stop us though and thought ambitious thoughts.
With the 'All the Kings Horses' team assembled we registered for SCI-FI LONDON 2011. When the challenge weekend arrived I went along to the briefing and pulled out from a hat our three restrictions:
Prop: red or green liquid inside a clear bottle with no label
Dialogue: It is just a glitch in the time continuum, it will sort itself out in a minute. Just hope it won't wipe you out in the mean time.
Paradox Malt – 'Precision' behind the scenes
- Science fiction short-film contest – Boing Boing
- Boing Boing: Terry Bisson's "They're Made Out of Meat" video
- Boing Boing: Sf short film: Alien refugees in Apartheid-land
- Lunnaya Raduga: 1984 Russian science fiction film – Boing Boing
- Enthiran: Tamil robot science fiction film insanity – Boing Boing