Bitcoin is a P2P currency that could topple governments, destabilize economies and create uncontrollable global bazaars for contraband. (...) After month of research and discovery, we've learned the following:
1. Bitcoin is a technologically sound project.
2. Bitcoin is unstoppable without end-user prosecution.
3. Bitcoin is the most dangerous open-source project ever created.
4. Bitcoin may be the most dangerous technological project since the internet itself.
5. Bitcoin is a political statement by technotarians (technological libertarians).*
6. Bitcoins will change the world unless governments ban them with harsh penalties.
I haven't spent enough time poking around with Bitcoin yet to agree or disagree with the rather charged assertions above, but I'm definitely intrigued. More, including video, here.
ProPublica reports the administration of Donald Trump has given coronavirus bailout funds to two different elite private jet companies which were owned or founded by individuals who donated to the Trump campaign.
• In the future, everything will be eaten by Mark Zuckerberg Facebook is acquiring Giphy in a deal valued at roughly $400 million. The GIF-sharing service was valued at ~$600 million in its latest funding round.
IMAGE: Health Insurance Coverage Before and After Job Loss Among People in a Family Experiencing Job Loss as of May 2, 2020, courtesy kff.org An estimated 27 million Americans may have lost employer-based health insurance because of pandemic layoffs, according to a Kaiser Family Foundation report released Wednesday.
It doesn’t do you much good to come up with a brilliant concept that you can’t translate into a working real-world prototype. Whether you’re thinking about building a home, a mechanical tool or a toy, that’s where the magic of computer-aided design and drafting software like AutoCAD comes into play. The longtime leader in the […]
Memorial Day has always been the traditional start to the summer season — and there’s never been a summer with more people more ready to get out and enjoy life outside their home than this one. Of course, food will be a big part (if not the centerpiece) of all of our summer celebrations, so […]
Six months ago, you probably never expected that you’d have to be making decisions about the performance and fashionability of a face covering as a major new staple of your casual wardrobe…but here we are. As things now stand, it seems likely that face coverings as a means of social distancing will remain a part […]