The folks at LAUNCH put out a provocative edition of their email newsletter today focused on the open source internet currency system Bitcoin.
Bitcoin is a P2P currency that could topple governments, destabilize economies and create uncontrollable global bazaars for contraband. (…) After month of research and discovery, we've learned the following:
1. Bitcoin is a technologically sound project.
2. Bitcoin is unstoppable without end-user prosecution.
3. Bitcoin is the most dangerous open-source project ever created.
4. Bitcoin may be the most dangerous technological project since the internet itself.
5. Bitcoin is a political statement by technotarians (technological libertarians).*
6. Bitcoins will change the world unless governments ban them with harsh penalties.
I haven't spent enough time poking around with Bitcoin yet to agree or disagree with the rather charged assertions above, but I'm definitely intrigued. More, including video, here.