About the photos above and below, Mike Godwin says,
The "Before" photo, with Occupy Oakland tents in place, was taken
October 21. Photographer Donna Enright, an Oakland resident, says she
took the photo because she heard from her employer that Occupy Oakland
had been served with a notice that the demonstrators were to be
"I thought this was the last chance I might have to take a
picture of [the tents], she says.
The "After" photo was taken later in
the day after the pre-sunrise October 25 police intervention at Frank
Photographs reproduced by
BoingBoing with permission. Copyright 2011, Donna Enright. All rights reserved.
- Police raid on Occupy Oakland: the morning after -
- Occupy Oakland: Riot police use tear gas, other nonlethal weapons ...
- Occupy Oakland: video shows police officer throwing "flash grenade ...
- Scott Olsen, Iraq veteran injured at Occupy Oakland, to undergo ...
- Police tactics in Occupy Oakland raid questioned
- Dozens of Occupy Oakland protesters arrested in dawn raid -
- Egyptians march from Tahrir Square to support Occupy Oakland ...
- Rogue Drummers, Disobedient Cops, Oakland Evictions: An Occupy ...
- Mike Godwin's first-person account: "What Happened at Occupy ...
- Oakland police: "Let slip the kittens of war" - Boing Boing
- Oakland PD told a judge it wouldn't use projectile weapons any ...
- Oakland Riot Cat