The DOJ has rejected a Freedom of Information Act request from the New York Times that asked the agency to reveal the legal basis for the newly unveiled American program of strategic drone-attack assassinations of American citizens off the field of battle.
* The government dropped a bomb on a U.S. citizen,
* who, though a total dick and probably a criminal, may have been engaged only in propaganda,
* which, though despicable, is generally protected by the First Amendment;
* it did so without a trial or even an indictment (that we know of),
* based at least in part on evidence it says it has but won't show anyone,
* and on a legal argument it has apparently made but won't show anyone,
* and the very existence of which it will not confirm or deny;
* although don't worry, because the C.I.A. would never kill an American without having somebody do a memo first;
* and this is the "most transparent administration ever";
* currently run by a Nobel Peace Prize winner.
For Christmas, Your Government Will Explain Why It's Legal to Kill You
Police in the small English town of Burnham publicized bodycam video of an arrest they made earlier this year. Owen Pellow, 42, had called emergency services to report that his ex-partner, Lisa Marie Thornton, hurt herself. But they knew from Pellow’s weird, shocked demeanor that he had hurt her and arrested him immediately. It’s very […]
Last month, the Canadian Armed Forces announced its strict but reasonable policy surrounding the use of cannabis by service personnel. With Canada’s decriminalization of cannabis nearly upon us, a lot of companies and organizations that deal with dangerous tasks or complicated hardware are following suit. Earlier this week, one of Canada’s most popular air carriers, […]
In Chesapeake, VA, trick-or-treaters over 12 face fines of $25-100 and up to six months in jail (under-12s who trick-or-treat after 8PM face fines of $10-100 and up to 30 days in jail).
Speed reading isn’t just an innate skill possessed by a lucky few. Anyone can learn to speed read, and the benefits are endless. The brain can process more information than most people have time to soak up, but you can make that time now with the 2018 Award-Winning Speed Reading Bundle. The first half of […]
Sure, you could use the same old PowerPoint templates for your next business presentation. It’s not like you have bosses or investors to impress. Oh wait, you do? Time to augment that slideshow with Slideshop – the presentation tool that can individualize your pitch while saving you time. Compatible with PowerPoint, Keynote and Google Slides, […]
Multinational companies have used the no-nonsense methodologies of Six Sigma and Lean Six Sigma to oil a smooth-running operation for years. What is it? Six Sigma (and its offshoot, Lean Six Sigma) apply the principles of science to business, teaching managers to methodically target waste, maximize output and streamline the flow from producer to consumer. […]