The DOJ has rejected a Freedom of Information Act request from the New York Times that asked the agency to reveal the legal basis for the newly unveiled American program of strategic drone-attack assassinations of American citizens off the field of battle.
* The government dropped a bomb on a U.S. citizen,
* who, though a total dick and probably a criminal, may have been engaged only in propaganda,
* which, though despicable, is generally protected by the First Amendment;
* it did so without a trial or even an indictment (that we know of),
* based at least in part on evidence it says it has but won't show anyone,
* and on a legal argument it has apparently made but won't show anyone,
* and the very existence of which it will not confirm or deny;
* although don't worry, because the C.I.A. would never kill an American without having somebody do a memo first;
* and this is the "most transparent administration ever";
* currently run by a Nobel Peace Prize winner.
For Christmas, Your Government Will Explain Why It's Legal to Kill You