Today, May 4, is the International Day Against DRM, the day in which the Free Software Foundation's "Defective By Design" campaign urges you to celebrate DRM-free media and boycott DRM. There are plenty of local events, poster templates, and the DefectiveByDesign page has a lot of suggestions for other ways to participate:
- Pledge to take action on May 4th
- Put up a banner or widget for Day Against DRM (or make your own!)
- Share a link to this page on your social networks
- Start your own event for May 4th
- Read a long article by Katherine Noyes over at PCWorld, entitled It's Time to Give Digital [Restrictions] Management the Boot.
Here's a nice lagniappe: all of O'Reilly's ebooks are 50% off with the code DRMFREE today.