This post is sponsored by Best Buy. What will your gift do?
You don't take a photograph, you make it. – Ansel Adams
With that in mind, here is a fine collection of tools to make beautiful photographs. The rest is in the eye of the beholder.
* Nikon D3100 14.2-Megapixel DSLR Camera with 18-55mm VR Lens. We prefer red.
* Nikon – AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 Zoom Lens. One of the two lenses that are all almost anyone would ever need.
* Nikon – Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G AF-S Lens. Beyond these two, you're starting a collection and that can get dangerous.
* Nikon – SB-700 AF Speedlight External Flash. Light has color.
* Manfrotto – 055 Series 70.3" Tripod. Steady as she goes.
* Manfrotto – Ball Head. With mounts, you get what you pay for.
* PNY – 32GB Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) Class 4 Memory Card. Memory is cheap; buy several.
* Lowepro – Slingshot 102 AW Camera Shoulder Bag. Take care of your toys.