Jeff writes, "Filtered is a new free/open source IMAP mail filtering application which provides automated routing of email based on per sender settings. You can train Filtered via its web UI or by dragging and dropping email to folders in your email account. Filtered can also learn from the contents of your existing folders."
Filtered's advanced module also brings new kinds of features to mail:
* Quiet hours. Shut down your inbox during specific hours like weekday evenings and weekends while allowing specific senders emails e.g. family to come through
* Privacy folder. Drag emails to your secure folder and Filter will encrypt them to its server, then delete them from your NSA-browsable gmail account.
* Whitelisting. Automatically send challenge emails to unknown senders to require them to verify their identity before the message appears in your inbox. Unverified senders are held in a review folder.
* Smartphone alerts. Filtered can send notifications to your phone when messages from specific senders or with specific keywords arrive.
* Manage anonymous email accounts. Filtered makes it easier to route inbound mail from catch-all email addresses. This is useful for registering with companies using anonymous addresses to minimize data mining.
The coolest thing about Filtered is that it's a platform for reading, analyzing, routing and managing your email -- possibilities abound. Filtered is essentially a programmable playground for "hacking" your own email.
Filtered is written in PHP, in the Yii Framework. An installation guide is provided for typical GNU/Linux configurations. There is also a community support forum and a feature request board.
Filtered – Open Source IMAP Mail Filtering Software for PHP
Ola Bini is a Swedish free/open source software developer who lives in Quito, Ecudaor; as he prepared to depart for a long-planned (and previously publicly announced) vacation in Japan, he was seized by Ecuadorean police, who claimed he was fleeing the country after the arrest of Julian Assange; authorities had a warrant for a "Russian […]
Public Sans is a free, open font (available in weights from 100-900, download here) from the federal United States Web Design System with a Github project that you can contribute to: it's billed as "A strong, neutral typeface for text or display." (via Four Short Links)
Katt Gu and Suji Yan's Anti 996 License allows developers to prohibit the use of their code by companies that do not adhere to basic labor practices (996 is a Chinese software industry term for shops where coders work 9AM-9PM, 6 days/week).
It’s 4/20! Smoke ’em if you got ’em – and if you haven’t got ’em, check out this roundup of deep discounts on pipes and other accessories. They’re all on sale, but you can take an extra discount off the final price courtesy of the Boing Boing store by using the online code 420SAVE. Freeze […]
Ever wonder if you’re cleaning your teeth well enough? If your last dentist visit has you getting a little more thorough about oral care, it might be time to save yourself some guesswork. A lot of electric toothbrushes promise deep cleaning, but there’s a Platinum Sonic Toothbrush that has power plus the simple but effective […]
The digital age is well and truly upon us, but let’s not forget there’s a load of free TV content floating literally over our heads. No, we’re not talking about the internet. Signals from major broadcast networks are still gratis for anyone who can pick them up with an antenna. And before you envision those […]