If you haven't already been introduced to the coolness of the Raspberry Pi, then it's really about time to catch up to the rest of us tech tinkerers.
For the uninitiated, the Raspberry Pi is a credit card-sized, single-board micro-computer that’s been opening up all kinds of programming possibilities for the tech-savvy learner. And right now, you can get the latest model - the Pi 2 - and everything you need to get going in the Complete Pi 2 Starter Kit, available for just $115 in the Boing Boing Store.
For such a tiny package, the Pi 2 packs some surprisingly powerful punch, including a Broadcom ARMv7 quad core processor (6x faster than the original Pi), 1GB of RAM and the compatibility to run lots of programs, apps...and basically do a lot more than you might expect.
But where the Pi 2’s DIY attitude really shines is in its versatility, offering the perfect training ground for any computer hardware and coding experimentation you’ve wanted to try.
In this package, you’ll also get the Pi 2’s Quick Starter Kit, including all the start-up accessories you’ll need like a power adapter, ethernet and HDMI cables and a Pi 2 enclosure. And just to make sure you're truly prepped, you’ll also receive five courses full of Pi background:
- Intro to Raspberry Pi: Your complete Raspberry Pi starter tutorial.
- Hardware Projects Using Raspberry Pi: Create Pi-controlled devices, including light detectors and motion sensors.
- Python Programming for Beginners: Master Python, the Pi’s most accessible programming language.
- PiBot: Build Your Own Raspberry Pi-Powered Robot: A step-by-step guide for creating a mini-robot with a Pi-driven brain.
- Introduction to Internet of Things Using Raspberry Pi 2: Get your Pi working in tandem with a Windows computer to expand your project horizons.
There’s a very real chance this deal is going to sell out quick, so jump on this right now for only $115 - a savings of 85% - in the Boing Boing Store.
And just in case we do run out of Pi, don't miss out on a pair of our other super-neat DIY computing packages: the Piper Raspberry Pi Computer Kit, which runs you through all the ins and outs of micro-computing while playing Minecraft; or the Complete Arduino Starter Kit and Course Bundle, which takes you deep into the world of how to program and build robotics and other gee-whiz automations. They're both still available for a limited time.