The Chelsea Manning Support Network contacted us by email to inform us that:
1) The date of Chelsea's disciplinary board hearing has been changed to Thursday, September 22 at 9:30 am CST.
2) This board has been convened to consider the charges brought against Chelsea.
4) Chelsea will not be permitted legal representation at the board. She will represent herself (before the three-person body convened to determine whether to find her guilty of the three pending charges).
5) On Tuesday afternoon, while her supporters were announcing the end of her hunger strike, Chelsea was examining the 70 pages of evidence being used against her (in the disciplinary action based on the charges stemming from her suicide attempt).
6) She was not allowed to keep a copy or make a copy of this extensive record, only to examine it for about 45 minutes and make some notes.
7) Having to look through the evidence again left her quite shaken and feeling as if she had relived the experience of the attempted suicide.
8) This experience confirmed for her just how aggressively the USDB is pursuing these charges against her.
Since Chelsea is busy preparing to defend herself at the board hearing, her Support Network is not sure if she will be able to tweet regularly in the coming days.
The Support Network will check in with us every morning at approximately 9AM EST with whatever updates are available as we count down the days until Chelsea's disciplinary board.
(Image courtesy of the Chelsea Manning Support Network)
Well before the collapse of Bernie Madoff's ponzi scheme -- the largest in world history! -- accounting investigator Harry Markopolos had publicly accused Madoff of running a scam; now he says that General Electric is "one recession away" from bankruptcy, with a "balance sheet in tatters."
The whistleblower Edward Snowden announced today that he has written a memoir, Permanent Record, which will go on sale worldwide in more than 20 languages on September 17.
In 2008, a security researcher named James Glenn warned Cisco that its video surveillance software had a defect that made it vulnerable to a trivial-to-exploit attack; for four years afterward, the company continued to sell this software to schools, airports, hospitals, state/local governments, the US military, FEMA, the Secret Service and police departments without mitigating […]
The field of data analytics can get intimidating, even for business professionals who constantly rely on it. But at its heart, its purpose is to simplify. To take mounds of information and distill their insights into a single clear picture. Currently, the go-to software for painting that picture is Tableau. And if you want to […]
If you’re in the market for a stable, durable camera fully suited for first-person video, there’s a good chance that you’re the adventurous type. So why settle on a familiar name like GoPro? The DJI Osmo Action 4K HDR Camera checks off all the same boxes on the action cam checklist as the GoPro 4K […]
The market for web developers is wide open these days. If only we could say the same about the pathway to that career. If you’re not already an experienced coder, it can be difficult to get things rolling. A four-year college degree or technical school? Sure, if you’ve got the money. What about web tutorials? […]