The Chelsea Manning Support Network contacted us by email to inform us that:
1) The date of Chelsea's disciplinary board hearing has been changed to Thursday, September 22 at 9:30 am CST.
2) This board has been convened to consider the charges brought against Chelsea.
4) Chelsea will not be permitted legal representation at the board. She will represent herself (before the three-person body convened to determine whether to find her guilty of the three pending charges).
5) On Tuesday afternoon, while her supporters were announcing the end of her hunger strike, Chelsea was examining the 70 pages of evidence being used against her (in the disciplinary action based on the charges stemming from her suicide attempt).
6) She was not allowed to keep a copy or make a copy of this extensive record, only to examine it for about 45 minutes and make some notes.
7) Having to look through the evidence again left her quite shaken and feeling as if she had relived the experience of the attempted suicide.
8) This experience confirmed for her just how aggressively the USDB is pursuing these charges against her.
Since Chelsea is busy preparing to defend herself at the board hearing, her Support Network is not sure if she will be able to tweet regularly in the coming days.
The Support Network will check in with us every morning at approximately 9AM EST with whatever updates are available as we count down the days until Chelsea's disciplinary board.
(Image courtesy of the Chelsea Manning Support Network)
Australian politics are a revolting mess of unstable governments dominated by xenophobic, climate-denying far-right oligarchs, and the only check on their power is the fact that Australian governments are so riven by internal strife and unhinged authoritarianism that they tend to collapse on a quarterly basis, triggering new elections and/or leadership contests.
I will never forget the moment on June 9, 2013, when I watched a video of a skinny, serious, unshaven man named Edward Snowden introduce himself to the world as the source of a series of blockbuster revelations about US spy agencies' illegal surveillance of the global internet. Please, I thought, be safe. And Please, […]
On the occasion of the publication of Permanent Record, a memoir of Edward Snowden's journey from gung-ho would-be special forces sergeant to CIA and NSA spy to whistleblower -- a memoir that the US government is suing to repress -- Snowden has given an interview with CBS where he expresses his desire to return to […]
If you’re doing any kind of data work, chances are you’re working in Excel. This venerable platform has evolved beyond its roots as a workhorse spreadsheet creator into an essential tool for data analysts and other high-level number crunchers. Want to brush up on this year’s version of the software? There’s no quicker way than […]
Does your computer gear need an upgrade? Don’t cross your fingers and wait for Christmas. You can get 15% off the final sale price of all these essential accessories now by using the online code BFSAVE15, including gaming mice and computer desks. Wireless Charging Mouse Pad Talk about a space saver. This high-quality mouse pad […]
WordPress is a fantastic tool for building web pages – if you know how to use it. Even with all the accessibility, a lot of the deeper features of WordPress are lost in translation to the average user. Enter WP Page Builder, a tool that not only makes WordPress site design easy but also more […]