Bill Nye and The Planetary Society released a direct appeal to the Trump administration, asking that the government continue to focus on Mars and support commercial space industry. Trump proposed a reduction in the NASA budget.
You can download the entire report, but here are their five recommendations:
• Maintain the exploration of Mars as the organizing principle for NASA's human spaceflight program
• Direct NASA to plan an executable, affordable path for sending humans to Mars orbit by 2033
• Expand NASA's highly successful science portfolio
• Continue to grow and support the commercial space industry
• Initiate annual five percent increases to NASA’s budget for five years
It's a very reasonable plan and an investment in American jobs, so let's hope the message gets through.
• Bill Nye's Open Letter to President Donald Trump
Well, that’s good. We can all rest easy now.
In the days leading up to the U.S. presidential election and on Election Day, YouTube’s homepage will reportedly be advertising only one candidate: Donald Trump.
“Can we get ‘Gone with the Wind’ back, please?” — Donald Trump, 2/20/2020, Colorado
While mobile devices are all but essential and the center of so many individual universes these days, find one person who loves their wireless plan with that type of passion. Check around. We’ll wait… Didn’t find anybody, did you? That’s because most wireless plans are designed for the convenience of the provider and will nickel-and-dime […]
In the early days of the web, everyone wanted a .com domain for their site. As a result, all the good ones got snapped up. But .com no longer has the cachet it once did. In fact, many new businesses and individuals are opting for other top-level domain extensions. One of the most memorable is […]
As you shiver your way through February, you’re probably thinking about paying your heating bill. But in just a few short months, the summer sun is going to come calling — and the fear of pulling that energy bill out of your mailbox will start becoming very, very real. Air conditioning accounts for about an […]