Anyone considering undergoing cosmetic surgery performed by an unlicensed teenager named Dr Kitty in her basement should be aware that there's a risk of infection.
From a Toronto Police press release:
It is alleged that:
– in April 2017, a woman advertised her services, offering a cosmetic surgical procedure, under the name of "Dr. Kitty"
– another woman responded to the advertisement and attended the basement of a home where "Dr Kitty" performed the procedure on her
– within a few weeks, the woman developed an infection and had to seek medical help from a licensed plastic surgeon in Toronto
– the victim required corrective surgery
– the incident was later reported to police
On Friday, October 13, 2017, police attended the address, and Jingyi "Kitty" Wang, 19, of Toronto, was arrested.
She has been charged with:
1) Aggravated Assault.
She is scheduled to appear in court on Saturday, October 14, 2017, at 9 a.m., at Old City Hall.
Investigators believe there may be other victims.